FD & C Colors – An IntroductionOctober 18, 2022
The Benefits Of Using The FD & C ColorsOctober 20, 2022
The usage of industrial dyes, pigments, and colorants in consumer appliances is rapidly increasing. This is not at all surprising. Modern-day consumers are highly particular about colors while buying varied products. And, consumer appliances are no exception to that. Now, it would be helpful to focus on some of the important points related to the use of pigments and colors in home appliances.
- Earlier, the primary purpose of the color of a consumer appliance product was to help buyers to distinguish it from other products. But things have changed in contemporary times. Nowadays, the color of any product is considered to be synonymous with the reputation and values of the concerned brand.
- In the past, things were much easier for the manufacturers of appliances, in terms of giving color to their products. They just had to choose one of these three: White, black, and stainless steel. Then, even buyers were focused on selecting one of the three choices. But the scenario now has drastically changed. Makers of consumer appliances are necessitated to bring out products in diverse shades, colors, and finishes.
- It is in this context that the role of pigments and dyes has become extremely crucial in home appliances. Businesses are heavily dependent on colorants to make sure that consumers have access to products of different attractive shades and finishes.
- As an example, let us first see the significance of plastic colorants. They both enhance the appearance of the product and improve its durability, as well. Here, masterbatches, colored compounds, colored pellets, paste colors, and dry colors, among others, are a few of the important elements.
- The primary difference in the above-mentioned colorants is the form in which they come in. Masterbatches are in granular form, while dry color is a powdery substance. Likewise, a masterbatch is also available in the form of a liquid. Liquid masterbatches are immensely useful when the product needs to be given only a light shade.
- The aspect of coloring consumer appliances is not as simple as it appears. Various pigments, dyes, and colors have to be combined most suitably to give the preferred color to a product. Here, there must not be any margin for error. Even a minor error could lead to the product getting a different color, which is very much unsuitable.
- Therefore, when it comes to colors, appliance makers are strongly advised to utilize the services of reputed manufacturers of colorants having a proven track record of supplying quality pigments and dyes.
- Another salient point is worthy of special mention. It is now being observed that mixtures of additives and colors are included in the materials that are used for making consumer appliances. This is a definite way to offer rugged products to consumers that last very long. For instance, these kinds of appliances are highly resistant to ultraviolet rays. Additionally, the basic properties of those materials remain unaffected.
- The dyes and pigments that are currently being sold in markets are way ahead of their counterparts of the past. The quality of present-day colorants is unquestionable. Once they are used in appliances, you don’t have to worry about the appearance of fingerprints and other marks on the products.
In highly competitive marketplaces, industrial dyes and pigments have given appliance brands a tool to better serve the aspirations of their customers with eye-catching and appealing colors for appliances. These colorful appliances make the homes of consumers attractive.