Cosmetic Active Ingredient Supplier – An IntroductionSeptember 14, 2023
Quality Testing Of Cosmetic Active Ingredients – What And How Are They TestedOctober 14, 2023
Blemishes are different types of marks that are seen on the skin. A substantial chunk of blemishes do not cause any harm, but some people intend to remove them purely to improve their look. Most of these blemishes can be treated by using the right cosmetics, and this is what is going to be covered in this article. But before going into those details, it won’t be inappropriate to provide a brief overview of the various kinds of blemishes.
Skin blemishes – An overview
These are a few of the common types of skin blemishes.
- Acne: Acne is an outcome of excess oil getting produced by the skin. Whiteheads, blackheads, papules, and pustules are some varieties of acne.
- Rash: A rash is a discoloration on the skin that results from things such as food allergies, bacterial infections, insect bites, hot climate, etc.
- Hyperpigmentation: This condition leads to the appearance of dark patches over the skin. Overexposure to the sun, genetics, and acne scarring are some of the causative factors.
- Cold sores: Cold sores are blisters filled with fluids appearing near the mouth/lips. The HSV-1 virus is responsible for this condition.
- Scars: The skin gets scarred due to either any external injury or some type of acne or pimples.
Using the right cosmetics to clear blemishes
This section of the write-up will focus on using the right cosmetics to clear skin blemishes.
- It is advisable to use skin cleansers that are loaded with salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide to get rid of a few forms of acne. These cleansers have to be used two times a day, for best results. In this context, it must be highlighted that approximately two months need to pass before the positive effects of these cleansers are noticed. Users shouldn’t expect overnight changes.
- Despite the above benefits of a cleanser, these products carry the risk of disturbing the skin’s PH balance. That might again lead to the formation of new skin blemishes. It’s desirable if people make use of skin toners, as well, along with cleansers. Most of these toners are made in such a way that their application on the skin helps in maintaining the proper PH balance.
- When it comes to beating hyperpigmentation, the best option is to start using creams consisting of hydroquinone. These creams are of immense value even if an individual is seeking ways to treat acne scars and age spots. These cosmetics play the pivotal role of markedly bringing down the pace at which melanin is produced.
- Cosmetics having licorice extracts are denoted as being wonderful choices for the treatment of hyperpigmentation.
- Using a cosmetic product that includes extracts of mulberry is an excellent way to make dark spots lighter to a significant extent. These cosmetics are also helpful in combating wrinkles and fine lines.
- Moisturizers are important elements in countering skin blemishes. Moisturizers are those cosmetics that are suitable to be used by almost everyone, irrespective of their skin type. These cosmetics ensure that the skin is constantly hydrated, and this is a paramount aspect in terms of preventing acne and other blemishes.
Though the majority of blemishes are not serious, there are still a few instances where they indicate a grave, underlying health condition. Thus, when you see that the blemishes are not disappearing even after regular usage of cosmetics, you are better off seeking medical guidance.